Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Some News and an Invitation



First blog post in a while! I have some news to share, the first of which being that Knife Sworn is officially available. While The Emperor’s Knife dealt with the intense, overpowering desires of the characters  – whether for power, love, or human contact – the second book in the Tower & Knife series carries a theme of isolation and loss. Those who had been part of the Many feel lost and alone in a harsh world, and each person Helmar left behind in the palace pursues a lonely quest for safety.

One note: it appears B&N and Amazon are a bit slow getting the eBook up and available in the US. In the meantime it is available from Baen. Only $6, much cheaper than the hardback!

Second bit of news: This Friday at 9pm EST/8pm CST I will be participating in an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Fantasy Reddit. The last time I was on Reddit was for the Debut Authorpalooza (organized by Justin Landon at Staffer’s Musings). I was there with Teresa Frohock, Mark Lawrence, Courtney Schafer, Kameron Hurley, Bradley Beaulieu, Doug Hulick, Anne Lyle, Stina Leicht, and Elspeth Cooper! It was huge and intimidating and great fun. This time it’s me alone, but I’ll try to be entertaining. Please feel free to go there on Friday and ask a question (though the AMA is in the evening, it should be open for questions during the day).

After that I’m participating in Next Big Thing, an author’s round robin. Each of us answers ten questions on our blog and tags five other authors. My ten answers will appear November 28th. The author who tagged me – Elspeth Cooper – will be answering her questions on November 21st. I will be reminding everyone!

That’s it for now! Hopefully I will see some of you on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment